My Promised Land

In light of my future husband and children, I want them to have a wife and mother who established herself first, who didn't give up going after her dreams, who trusted God with her life and kept moving forward out of courage, who didn't settle for the easy life, but who defeated her giants and found the Promised Land on the other side. I want them to have a wife and mother who fought for her respect and dignity, who didn't give into her fears and go crawling back into her safe retreat, so that I can teach them how to do the same. The fight is not over yet. This is just the beginning; it's a journey, not a destination. This is all part of my journey, including the suffering. It takes awhile to find my place in a new city, including when I moved back home. It's when I grow a healthy social network that I start really loving my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Life

Serenity

Looking Back