The Woman I Want to Be by Age 30

I wrote this when I was 26 years old. I am 33 now, and I still want to be this type of woman: 

I want to be the type of woman who loves, appreciates, and accepts herself, imperfections and all. I want to be the type of woman who is not embarrassed by herself, but is gentle with herself. I want to be the type of woman who is gracious to herself and doesn't beat herself up. I want to value the experiences I've had and the lessons I've learned, even the hardest of lessons. I want to be the type of woman who knows who she is and doesn't let anyone else tell her otherwise. I want to be the type of woman who stands up for herself and doesn't back down for anybody. I want to be the type of woman who stands apart from the crowd, who shines out with confidence and doesn't back down out of insecurity. I don't want to hide who I am; I want to give glory to what God has given me. I want to be at ease with myself and at ease with life, knowing that I am exactly where I need to be at any given moment. I am doing exactly what I need to be doing. I am constantly moving forward, becoming more and more the woman I'm meant to become.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Life

Serenity

Looking Back